What is mindfulness
- The health benefits of meditation and being mindful
- A thorough account of mindfulness and its applications by Dr Craig Hassad.
- Mindfulness Training as a Clinical Intervention
A review summarising conceptual approaches to mindfulness and empirical research on the utility of mindfulness-based interventions.
More information to come so check back soon!
Mindfulness in the perinatal period
- Mindfulness approaches to childbirth and parenting
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Education: Promoting Family Mindfulness During the Perinatal Period
Research into the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting program founded by Nancy Bardacke in San Franciso has found evidence of increased well-being during pregnancy (improvements in mood, pregnancy anxiety, mindfulness), and perceived benefits of mindfulness in the perinatal period and parenting.
- A mindfulness approach to antenatal preparation
An investigation into the feasibility and acceptability of using a mindfulness-based approach to antenatal childbirth education received positive feedback from couples and midwives in the UK.
- Participant experiences of mindfulness-based childbirth education: a qualitative study
A qualitative study examining the impacts of a mindfulness-based intervention for childbirth found it to empower women to be active participants in the birthing process and facilitated peer support into the postnatal period.
The potential role of mindfulness for managing pain during pregnancy and labour, reducing risk of perinatal depression, and increasing availability of attention for the infant
Mindfulness for pain management
- Mindfulness meditation-related pain relief: Evidence for unique brain mechanisms in the regulation of pain
- Women’s experiences of labour pain and the role of the mind: an exploratory study
A qualitative study conducted in Melbourne, Australia, identifying that women’s state of mind during labour may impact processes that construct and give meaning to their pain experience.
A review discussing the brain mechanisms involved in mindfulness meditation-related pain relief across different meditative techniques, expertise and training levels, experimental procedures, and neuroimaging methodologies.
- A Model of Mindful Parenting: Implications for Parent–Child Relationships and Prevention Research
- The 5 Main Tenets of Mindful Parenting
Published by The Huffington Post.
An overview of the theoretical and empirical literature on mindfulness and mindfulness-based interventions with particular focus on mindful parenting, the implications of mindful parenting for the quality of parent–child relationships, and the application of mindfulness in parenting interventions.
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting
- Buddhism for Mothers of Young Children: Becoming a Mindful Parent
by Sarah Napthali.
by Jon & Myla Kabat-Zinn.
- The role of oxytocin in mother-infant relations: a systematic review of human studies.
A review of the current research examining the role of oxytocin in mother-infant relations, attachment, and bonding in humans.
A short video explaining what it means to develop a secure attachment with your child.
A longer video providing information about the role of the parent in developing a secure attachment with their infant.
Source: Help guide