Mindful Beginnings provides more than antenatal classes. Dr Adrienne Brown is a Clinical Psychologist who is available to provide psychological therapy to individuals around a range of issues including fertility and conception, pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. She specialises in mindfulness-based therapies in conjunction with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Schema Therapy.
When might individual therapy be helpful?
- Fertility issues
- History of anxiety or depression and requiring support plan to reduce risk of relapse during pregnancy or after childbirth
- Childbirth preparation
- Making decisions and exploring options about pregnancy
- Coping with unexpected outcomes (g., stillbirth, miscarriage, genetic conditions, problems at birth, cot death)
- Adjusting to changes arising from pregnancy and parenting
- Discussing the pregnancy with others (e.g., partner, children, parents, religious or cultural groups)
- Relationship concerns
Individual session costs and rebates
- The fee for a standard 50-minute session is $210.
- A rebate of $124.50 per session for up to 10 sessions per calendar year is available for those with a referral for psychological therapy from a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician under the Medicare Better Access Scheme.
- A rebate of $62.20 per session for up to 3 sessions is available for those with a referral for pregnancy support counseling from a GP.
Please contact me if you have questions about individual therapy.
Session times and locations
The Mind Room
5 Glasshouse Road Collingwood 3066
- Mondays 12pm to 7pm
- Tuesdays 2pm to 5pm
If you would like to make an appointment on these days, please contact The Mind Room on 9495 6261 during business hours.
31 Weston Street Brunswick 3056
- Tuesdays 9am to 1pm
- Dates for antenatal classes can be found here
If you would like to make an appointment on this day please contact Adrienne on 0406 384 130 during business hours.