Adrienne Brown is a Clinical Psychologist who provides psychological therapy to individuals around a range of challenges including fertility and conception, pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. She specialises in mindfulness-based therapies however tailors her therapeutic approach according on individual needs.
When might individual therapy be helpful?
- Fertility issues
- History of anxiety or depression and requiring support plan to reduce risk of relapse during pregnancy or after childbirth
- Childbirth preparation
- Making decisions and exploring options about pregnancy
- Coping with unexpected outcomes (g., stillbirth, miscarriage, genetic conditions, problems at birth, cot death)
- Adjusting to changes arising from pregnancy and parenting
- Discussing the pregnancy with others (e.g., partner, children, parents, religious or cultural groups)
- Relationship concerns
Individual session costs and rebates
- The fee for a standard 50-minute session is $210 (The Mind Room, online) or $200 (Barwon Consulting Suites, face-to-face).
- A rebate of $124.50 per session for up to 10 sessions per calendar year is available for those with a referral for psychological therapy from a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician under the Medicare Better Access Scheme.
- A rebate of $62.20 per session for up to 3 sessions is available for those with a referral for pregnancy support counseling from a GP.
Please contact me if you have questions about individual therapy.
Session times and locations
The Mind Room
5 Glasshouse Road Collingwood 3066
- Online (coviu) appointments only
- Note no Medicare rebate is available for online
If you would like to make an appointment, please contact The Mind Room on 9495 6261 during business hours.
Barwon Consulting Suites
10/147 Marshalltown Road, Grovedale, 3216
- Tuesdays 8am to 2:30pm
- Wednesdays 10am to 6pm
If you would like to make an appointment please contact Barwon Consulting Suites on 5243 7733 during business hours.